Projects

Projects

Early-light Testing

Early-light Testing

Profile photo of Cheong En Liang
Cheong En Liang | Tuesday, Mar 18, 2014 - 06:28:49 am
This is an early concept where the light source resides in the water within the container. Light source below the container. using the strobe function on my phone. Light test with Colorsplash Light thing without water. Light Test with colorsplash with water. The lighting changes in the actual piece will be more gradual, this is just a range test.
The Subzone (Technical Realisation)

The Subzone (Technical Realisation)

Profile photo of Prakash Haridas
Prakash Haridas | Tuesday, Mar 18, 2014 - 05:24:39 am
The above diagram illustrates the proposed workflow I have in mind for this project (that is, assuming everything in the pipeline actually works according to plan). I will continue to take screenshots of my Facebook feed and use these as my "textures" in the virtual space being created in Unity. As of now, I am only considering making the most Read more →
Profile photo of Lim Wei Siong
Mar 18, 2014 - 10:21:12 pm
hey prakash! are the textures loaded dynamically from facebook each we visit the subzone? can we interact with the page from within the subspace? also wondering if error messages would appear, maybe replicating and cascading out of control/order; would be interesting to see these dialog boxes in 3d space.
Profile photo of Prakash Haridas
Mar 19, 2014 - 12:28:08 am
Right now, the textures are all pre-captured and will load exactly the same way each time. I'm not sure if there is a way to dynamically load from facebook so that the textures will be different each time, but that'd be interesting to see (but I have no idea how to do that though as of this time). I've been thinking about having the textures being just procedurally created from a set stack of screenshots, but I'm not sure how to go about setting that up. Hopefully I might find my answers somewhere in the forums (or would you happen to have any ideas as to how I could go about this?) Yeah, and about the error messages appearing in 3d space, that would definitely be a good addition. That's gotten me wondering if it is possible to switch between 2d scene to 3d scene in an embedded Unity scene. Will have to check that out a bit more.
Jul 18, 2014 - 10:42:18 pm
I delight in, cause I found just what I was looking for. You've ended my 4 day long hunt! God Bless you man. Have a nice day. Bye Here is my homepage ... wedding dress
Jul 21, 2014 - 02:13:49 am
E-book readers Since reading is a favorite pastime for most people, these gadgets are in great demand today. So, your 60th birthday gifts should be able to convey this special affection as well. Educators receive dozens of gifts for just about every gift-giving occasion.
PROJECT HYPERESSAY – POLYCEPHALY 5 +

PROJECT HYPERESSAY – POLYCEPHALY 5 +

Profile photo of Lim Wei Siong
Lim Wei Siong | Tuesday, Mar 18, 2014 - 01:34:13 am
Technical realization To create this project, I will be using the free version of the Unity game engine. The Windows version is available for download here. It includes publishing support for various platforms, such as iOS, Android, Win/Mac desktop and Web.  The project will be deployed on a desktop-based web browser. Unity The Unity integrated development environment has windows which displays the game world in Read more →
Project Hyperessay: Technical Realisation

Profile photo of Wang Min
Wang Min | Monday, Mar 17, 2014 - 07:50:12 pm
Technical realization: include a technical description with any sketches, drawings, photographs you have done, which help articulate the technical elements of the work, as well as any specific software and/or hardware that is required for the project. Technical Realisation of this project will mainly involve 2 softwares, Ableton Live and VDMX, and a free blogging platform, Tumblr. 1. Ableton Live for Sound Remixing * Read more →
ROLE OF VIEWERS - Virtual Texts

ROLE OF VIEWERS - Virtual Texts

Profile photo of Tan Chinfang
Tan Chinfang | Tuesday, Mar 11, 2014 - 05:07:29 pm
I am combining my Role of Viewers with the recent experiments I had done during my recess week for i believe this is what best illustrate the role of my viewers. As my project is about how Virtual texts affects people. I actually created a fake account (fang Iamdestroyer) on youtube and went around leaving random comments. I think flaming is Read more →
Profile photo of Ashley Lai
Mar 11, 2014 - 05:41:45 pm
When I read your introduction about how you were interested in experimenting the relationship between text and human interactions along with your influences for this project, I had no idea which direction you were going to take off with this really intriguing idea. I would have never thought to make an account on Youtube (which is one of the easiest places for people to shame other people's works publicly behind a screen), and I find your project really really interesting because it's a concept that not many people have really looked into, but we all can relate because we feel braver when we hide behind a screen. It's amazing how quickly you are able to get replies back (a post that you made got a response within 30 minutes and another within 15 minutes) and that also shows how much time people spend in the Virtual world. Obviously with a video that is popular and going viral, it's going to generate both positive and negative comments but it's just really interesting how your hate comments (out of all the ones that that video must get) was able to get a reply. As a viewer reacting to others reacting to your comments, I find it really humorous but it also makes me stop and think about what is really going on. It's almost pathetic how people feel the need to defend and share how they feel to complete strangers. The comments section on Youtube was put there for the purpose of writing in opinions, however, it seems as though only positive comments are welcomed and every negative one receives a backlash from upset viewers. I think that the role that you placed on the viewers is really perfect, because while its humorous, it causes us to think and even laugh at ourselves and what is going on with our generation.
Profile photo of Ashley Lai
Mar 11, 2014 - 06:31:22 pm
I think it's really cool that the role of the viewer is to react to the reactions of the commentators, and that their reaction is one sided - where whatever they feel, they cannot express it. So if they feel angered by the hate comments, they could technically comment on actual Youtube but technically, they are playing the role of audience members. As for suggestions, maybe think of situations that would provoke emotions out of people - maybe try writing comments on touching videos or videos on war or current events. Also, it would be an interesting next step to not just write hate comments just to see what people would say, but rather write things that would provoke discussion from others! I am so excited to see where you will go with this!! :)
Profile photo of Hoong Wei Long
Mar 24, 2014 - 10:56:56 pm
Interesting experimentation here for sure. Critically, the work places an emphasis on the act of curation, taste and looking, which is interesting because not many projects locate such themes as important areas to explore for artistic merit, or with artistic intentions. My off end thoughts of this is that the commenting system is at once valuable and unimportant at the same time. For the purposes of SEO ranking, content that generates a high amount of feedback and comment gets pushed up the search results as being particular important or worthy of highlight. Yet at the same time, these comments thread often dissipate into non-conclusive states. There is no real winner/loser, it's just a textual interaction that goes back and forth. The idea of value could be an interesting aspect to look at perhaps. Cheers!
Project hyperessay – Polycephaly (4)

Project hyperessay – Polycephaly (4)

Profile photo of Lim Wei Siong
Lim Wei Siong | Monday, Mar 10, 2014 - 04:53:31 am
Building the creature - Controls In order to move the (yet-to-be-designed) creature, some experimentation on it's controls need to take place 1st. As per the initial idea, the creature is to be controlled with the 2 analog joysticks of a Xbox game pad. The creature's movement is also constricted to the range of it's 2 heads. For this test, a square field Read more →
Project Hyperessay: Influences I

Project Hyperessay: Influences I

Profile photo of Diana Toh
Diana Toh | Wednesday, Mar 05, 2014 - 10:22:04 pm
Mood: James Blake - Limit to Your Love * Curatorial Statement Still is the central theme to the intellectual common ground of video art installations and performances by artists Granular Synthesis, Ryoji Ikeda and TeamLab. These pieces exemplify video as art in and above all, establishes the aesthetic paradigm while furnishing the conceptual. Still questions the concept of time and its structural quality Read more →
Project hyperessay – Polycephaly (*)

Project hyperessay – Polycephaly (*)

Profile photo of Lim Wei Siong
Lim Wei Siong | Friday, Feb 28, 2014 - 12:07:41 pm
This is like, the decisive moment of something something polycephaly.
Project hyperessay - Polycephaly (3)

Project hyperessay - Polycephaly (3)

Profile photo of Lim Wei Siong
Lim Wei Siong | Tuesday, Feb 25, 2014 - 09:54:27 am
 Role of the Viewer Two local viewers/players are required to experience the game. Both control the movements of a creature simultaneously:  The action of one player directly affects the performance and emotions of the other, and the creature as a whole. Player-derived conflict may arise when navigating the space. In this marriage, players have to  start thinking together, otherwise they will destroy Read more →
Profile photo of Diana Toh
Mar 03, 2014 - 06:42:40 pm
I love power rangers
Screenshot Experiments

Screenshot Experiments

Profile photo of Hoong Wei Long
Hoong Wei Long | Monday, Feb 24, 2014 - 11:50:37 am
Just completed a bunch of quick image quality degradation  experiments using various techniques following last week's consultation with Randall - some working much better than others. Results as follows: #1 - Window screenshots Didn't quite give me the image degradation but produced an interesting  stacking effect nevertheless.     #2 - Manual screenshots I tried the same idea again but this time using manual screenshots (not screen Read more →
Feb 24, 2014 - 11:00:27 pm
[…] are working on (5 points each). For the remainder of the semester (one this week before break). See Wei Long’s post as an example. Reflect, upload, write. Graphics, video, sound, links, etc. Use the […]
Profile photo of Randall Packer
Feb 25, 2014 - 04:47:04 am
Great documentation on the process!
Profile photo of Lim Wei Siong
Mar 01, 2014 - 09:11:31 am
There seems to be something disorienting and transformative about these degradation experiments. Indeed the resizing exercise seems most interesting, exposing the quirks of the approximation patterns that the image processing software uses. I'm not sure about the direction this is going though. It feels quite technical, maybe like the user submitted sketches at OpenProcessing. Some of the artists that you've previously cited, found ways to highlight the inherent workings of the digital format, such as Thomas Ruff, who's low-resolution archive of JPEG images are printed out on to a huge scale. This changes the way which we normally view these images (on screen). It seems like there is a need for artists to deconstruct the current formats in order to better understand it.
The Subzone (Role of the Viewer)

The Subzone (Role of the Viewer)

Profile photo of Prakash Haridas
Prakash Haridas | Monday, Feb 24, 2014 - 01:37:15 am
  Screenshot from Gmod (sandbox game) where a gamemap is glitched due to missing files on the player's computer. The viewer is expected to be an active agent, to interact with and to navigate around the virtual subspace. Instead of being led on to do something, the viewer would have full freedom to explore the area of the subspace. The viewer Read more →
Profile photo of Yeo Jing Xiang
Mar 10, 2014 - 11:04:08 pm
While you allow them to explore the whole area, I think you can still introduce certain elements that lead them to initiate an interaction! I find it intriguing when you mention that their interaction may trigger reactions in other parts of the space, because I imagined a sort of chain reaction that can take place, molding each of the viewer's experience differently; They now influence one another's perception even though they are in the same space
Project Hyperessay: Role of the Viewer

Project Hyperessay: Role of the Viewer

Profile photo of Wang Min
Wang Min | Sunday, Feb 23, 2014 - 08:31:16 pm
Role of the viewer: describe the role of the viewer, for example, if there is any interactivity, networked participation, collaboration, etc. How does the viewer interact with the work, and even more importantly, affect its outcome. Adopting the model of remixthebook, viewers are encouraged to: 1. Submit tracks for remixing 2. Download the raw and/or remixed tracks for their own versions 3. Submit their Read more →
Profile photo of nasir
Mar 09, 2014 - 01:47:54 pm
Hi Min! I love your idea! think the customization of the remixes to the audience taste will definitely be exciting! haha Just have some suggestions to the idea: 1) probably you can start of your remix(source), then allow audience to change it and resubmit to you. Then you can just update this (source) database with the "audience remixed version." In that way there will be constant update of the source and the inception feel where audience will remix a remix of someone remixing your remix. hahaha that will be awesome! hahaha 2)Another alternative i see is to start of a simple tune and let the audience add on layers to the tune perhaps? so the final product is a collaborative effort of your tune/remix and the others? Just my two-cents worth! but do update me your project kay! i wld love to participate!:D
Profile photo of Wang Min
Mar 15, 2014 - 12:41:59 am
thanks for the helpful comments!!
#3 Project Hyper essay-Role of the viewer

Profile photo of nasir
nasir | Sunday, Feb 23, 2014 - 07:26:56 pm
  In this experiment, users will be given a set of music to listen while closing their eyes. To the beat of the music, they are free to move their whole body to react to the music. their sessions will be recorded through skype and a compiled video will be infused together with an audio spectrum effect in After effects in Read more →
Profile photo of Wang Min
Mar 05, 2014 - 05:20:52 pm
Hi Nasir! I’m wondering if instead of giving the audience a choice to respond to a task or immerse in the audio experience, maybe it’d be more interesting to just make them do the task and see how the psychedelic music affects their ‘mental processing / decision making’? Then building on it, maybe the specific task can be a way for them to do an action that form a certain shape or image etc when pieced together. In the case of keeping the original format of what you intend to do, I’m wondering if accompanying the music with a psychedelic video (styled like your featured image) would enhance this hypnotic experience for the viewers. Alternatively, building on Randall’s comment about looking into not having to depend on the viewers so much, maybe make the video itself interactive? Stumbled upon this video whilst using the search terms “interactive psychedelic”, maybe it can help you generate some ideas: http://noisey.vice.com/blog/watch-io-echos-dazzling-new-interactive-video-for-ministry-of-love Other interactive music videos: http://www.theguardian.com/music/musicblog/2013/nov/22/top-five-interactive-videos-bob-dylan I think they are very high-level programming/coding stuff, but perhaps to make it simple yet involving the viewer, it can be those “make a decision” YouTube videos. All the best!
Project Hyperessay: Influences

Project Hyperessay: Influences

Profile photo of Wang Min
Wang Min | Tuesday, Feb 18, 2014 - 11:36:13 pm
Influences: include references to any readings and/or artworks that influenced your project, drawing from topics presented during the course of the semester. I would like to see specific quotes from the readings that underscore or support your idea. Include reasons why these influences are important to your work. Crystal Castles is the band who first made me interested in electronic music as Read more →
The Subzone (Influences)

The Subzone (Influences)

Profile photo of Prakash Haridas
Prakash Haridas | Tuesday, Feb 18, 2014 - 07:58:28 pm
"Hole in Space" Kit Galloway and Sherrie Rabinowitz created a "portal" in the real world through which people could see and interact with one another even if they were miles apart. It was a 3 day event which attracted many active participants and provided for an entertaining archive footage of the whole affair. For my work, I wish to consider if Read more →
May 04, 2014 - 06:02:00 pm
Casio PAW1100-1V Mens Pathfinder Atomic Solar Watch is created of steel. Even now, the Swiss manufacturing companies are known to become home with the most precise, accurate and luxurious watches from the industry. And since it can be powered by Tough Solar Power and features Power Saving Functions, you happen to be guaranteed that watch will never die on you.
May 25, 2014 - 05:27:53 am
tactic can also help you avoid weights loss plateaus. Studies have shown significant correlation between the presence of Bacteroidetes and fat loss. This is easily accomplished by most people, but if you've been drastically cutting calories to lose weight, you are probably actually working against yourself. You may lose belly fat and lose weight initially with a fixed group of vegetarian weight loss foods, but you'll soon reach a weight loss plateau. my homepage: Food Lovers Fat Loss Program
Oct 30, 2014 - 07:43:59 pm
To help ease the task of a chef, a lot of companies realize that they need to make a different appliances types. The Panasonic SD-YD250 Automatic Bread Maker is equipped with a timer of up to 13 hours so you can set it to bake bread in time for breakfast or dinner. Best thing about bread maker is that we get fresh breads out of it and as long as the bread is baking we keep waiting for it in anticipation.

Comments

Add a comment

You must be logged in to comment.

1. Project Review02-24-14