Projects

Projects

Project Hyperessay: Technical Realization

Profile photo of Diana Toh
Diana Toh | Monday, Mar 31, 2014 - 09:30:58 am
Open Source Studio -- Public Intervention 11th April 2014, 1600hrs to 12th April 2014, 1600hrs Location Real space: ADM Building, Lobby Third space:  Equipment 2x long-throw projector, vga cable, mac adapter, power cable   2x short-throw projector, vga cable, mac adapter, power cable   2x iMac   2x speakers, XLR, power cable   1x sub-woofer   1x mixer   2x webcam   2x projector screen   2x trolley   1x Kewpie Setup     Publicity Information and details of actual event on the internet Instructions on undertakings to connect over the third Read more →
Profile photo of Cheong En Liang
Mar 31, 2014 - 10:52:33 pm
Loving the setup. Awkwardness will know no bounds if you can see ones feet. #Toenailclippings.
Profile photo of Prakash Haridas
Apr 01, 2014 - 10:32:11 am
Going all out I see :) Interested to see what you're gonna be doing! Oh, let us know when the livestream is up so we can watch you do your thing! :D
Project Hyperessay: Influences II

Project Hyperessay: Influences II

Profile photo of Diana Toh
Diana Toh | Saturday, Mar 29, 2014 - 06:15:45 pm
The Pinterest Instinct by Tan Pin Pin Tan Pin Pin reveals her process that resulted in two recent films Snow City (2011) and The Impossibility of Knowing (2010). The first grew from her huge and random archive of Singapore scenes shot for another film (that were never used) and the second, from her 10 year collection of Straits Times news clippings Read more →
Project Hyperessay: Role of the Viewer

Project Hyperessay: Role of the Viewer

Profile photo of Diana Toh
Diana Toh | Saturday, Mar 29, 2014 - 06:11:53 pm
Virtually Awkward Manifesto 1st RULE: You do not talk about being VIRTUALLY AWKWARD. 2nd RULE: You DO NOT talk about being VIRTUALLY AWKWARD. 3rd RULE: If someone disconnects from the third space or lags, the session is over. 4th RULE: Only two converse at a time. 5th RULE: One speech at a time. 6th RULE: One identity logged in at a time. 7th RULE: Session will go Read more →
Profile photo of Cheong En Liang
Mar 18, 2014 - 09:33:48 am
Arrested Development!
Project Update #2 - PSYCHEDELIC FRENZIED MIND OF UNCERTAINTY

Profile photo of nasir
nasir | Saturday, Mar 29, 2014 - 04:47:46 pm
For the project to kick off, I will definitely need an individualized page for the audience to refer to the contents of my project.   Hence, after consulting Randall, I created a separate page for this project in Wordpress and still in progress to include several additional links for clearer separation of my project elements eg project inspirations etc. I realize that this Read more →
Max to Ableton Live/MIDI setup

Max to Ableton Live/MIDI setup

Profile photo of Cheong En Liang
Cheong En Liang | Tuesday, Mar 25, 2014 - 06:30:18 pm
Midi controlled from Live.Enable Midi  
Project Update #2 - One line apart, Internet photobooth

Profile photo of Yeo Jing Xiang
Yeo Jing Xiang | Tuesday, Mar 25, 2014 - 04:05:31 pm
The project developed as a result from a adobe liveconnect session recorded with Chinfang. Initially there were limitations in what I want to achieve, as I struggled between the aesthetics and the artistic intent. Our brief chat session where we bombarded each others with reference photos However through some trial and errors, we are able to identify certain elements that can Read more →
TECHNICAL REALISATION - VIRTUAL WORDS

TECHNICAL REALISATION - VIRTUAL WORDS

Profile photo of Tan Chinfang
Tan Chinfang | Tuesday, Mar 25, 2014 - 03:34:28 pm
After a few weeks of researching and reading. i finally came up with an idea of how am i going to present my project. For my purpose is to show how virtual text actually affects us and how much it can be misinterpreted, I decided to chat randomly online with strangers. (which really kinda freaks me out because I feel awkward Read more →
Project Progress PART 3

Project Progress PART 3

Profile photo of Ashley Lai
Ashley Lai | Tuesday, Mar 25, 2014 - 03:21:17 pm
I feel as though I am slightly behind on my project because I finally settled on an idea that I really liked this past week. I decided to go with creating a 7 part webepisode series to be presented on Youtube once a day, with the last one released the last day of our class. I'm using my friends from Read more →
It's official! "One line apart" - Technical realisation

Profile photo of Yeo Jing Xiang
Yeo Jing Xiang | Tuesday, Mar 25, 2014 - 04:56:36 am
Concept review After several consideration and exploration, I have decided to use Adobe Connect as the medium to execute my work. The concept remains roughly similar to what I have previously written, except that I have now combined the multiple selfies and identities multiple concept with a photobooth concept Photobooth - What if it is over the third space? This project explores Read more →
Profile photo of Diana Toh
Mar 26, 2014 - 07:59:04 am
22 Then the LORD God made a woman from the rib he had taken out of the man, and he brought her to the man. 23 The man said, "This is now bone of my bones and flesh of my flesh; she shall be called 'woman, ' for she was taken out of man." 24 For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and they will become one flesh. Will Gene and Chin Fang develop feelings for each other over time? Catch "One Line Apart" by filmmaker Gene, the man behind screen and his latest female counterpart in Adobe Connect! Only in OSS.
Project Hyperessay Technical Realisation

Profile photo of Hoong Wei Long
Hoong Wei Long | Monday, Mar 24, 2014 - 10:04:20 pm
The following sets for the tentative plans for the technical realisation of the final project: Pre-Production Searching for participating photographers to form the "paparazzi swarm" (approximately 6-10 pax, excluding myself); with consideration of camera type, camera size, photographers' availability, photographers' gender (?), photographers' physique (?) Coordinating the dressing attire of participating photographers The preparation of image usage and limited liability releases Location scouting and selection Read more →
Project Hyperessay Role Of The Viewer

Project Hyperessay Role Of The Viewer

Profile photo of Hoong Wei Long
Hoong Wei Long | Monday, Mar 24, 2014 - 09:03:48 pm
(Ideas set forth here in this is tentative and subjected to revisions as the project develops) The role of the viewer in this project is at once both passive as it is active. Passively, the viewer is watching the performative aspects of the work (e.g. the paparazzi swarm closing in on a subject), acting as an observer of the event. The viewer Read more →
The Camera As An Instrument To Augment Human Interaction and Behaviour (or how I have a final project idea)

Profile photo of Hoong Wei Long
Hoong Wei Long | Monday, Mar 24, 2014 - 05:33:04 pm
After several weeks of moving back and forth between various ideas, I finally came upon one that I'll be exploring under the our final project for this Media & Performance class. I was searching for an idea that incorporated an element of the camera (you can read my initial ideation here:  functioning not just as an instrument of image capture, but Read more →
Jul 28, 2014 - 09:31:55 pm
It was hard to find your posts in google. I found it on 14 place, you should build some quality backlinks , it will help you to get more visitors. I know how to help you, just type in google - k2 seo tips
Just a Thought

Just a Thought

Profile photo of Ashley Lai
Ashley Lai | Tuesday, Mar 18, 2014 - 02:31:07 pm
The more I explore into this project, the more of a dead end I feel I am heading towards or rather how different I thought this project was going to be (which is all part of the process!). I just think that with using the Internet as a stage for theatre, I almost have to incorporate accessibility into my project Read more →
#4 Project Hyperessay- Technical Realization

Profile photo of nasir
nasir | Tuesday, Mar 18, 2014 - 12:38:35 pm
Using filters in photobooth to create an impression of what audience feel about the song. I will create a collage of these videos to form a larger piece. Instructions to participants: 1. Listen to this music from this link.  2. Choose a filter from Mac Photobooth to what you feel about the music. 3. Play the music again and start Grooving/create funky faces/shapes with the Read more →
Hyperessay: Technical Realization

Hyperessay: Technical Realization

Profile photo of Cheong En Liang
Cheong En Liang | Tuesday, Mar 18, 2014 - 06:58:24 am
Space: 1x Dark Room Equipment needed: 8x Custom Made Pedestals 8x Glass Cylinders 8x Colorsplash Light Thingies 1x Entec DMX usb pro 1x Teabox 8x Pressure Sensors 1x Mac Mini Intangibles: 8x Audio Samples + x Max Patcher - Pressure changes to light/sound  Single Box Setup Hopefully I can come up with 8 of these.  The pedestals made using acrylic sheets, laser cut to the dimensions shown above. The pedestals will house a singular Read more →
Profile photo of Diana Toh
Mar 18, 2014 - 05:27:53 pm
Well done! Love it much -- would love to watch your live performance!
Profile photo of Prakash Haridas
Mar 18, 2014 - 06:48:58 pm
Looks like you're all set to go! Keep recording and posting your video documentations :)
Profile photo of Hoong Wei Long
Mar 24, 2014 - 10:59:21 pm
Definitely looking forward to experiencing and trying out the work for sure. As an added suggestion, perhaps you may wish to explore and elaborate upon how the "dark room" you wish to situate the piece in would help to further the mood and experience of the work? Cheers!

Comments

Add a comment

You must be logged in to comment.

1. Project Review02-24-14